The Business Developer will drive significant revenue growth on the agency’s behalf. The position’s responsibilities encompass all activities related to the strategy, management, coordination, and execution of attracting new clients. The Business Developer will work to identify, analyze, pitch and convert potential clients in areas of potential interest, based on the agency’s objectives. Stout Heart is a relationship driven agency. It will be the Business Developer’s job to ensure that business being brought in comes from like-minded clients who are interested in partnership and mutual growth.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Creates and delivers compelling, customized sales presentations that address the core business issues and opportunities faced by prospects, targeting Stout Heart’s ability to serve them.
- Adjusts new business strategies to meet changing market and competitive conditions.
- Negotiates and closes contracts with prospect marketing, technology, purchasing and legal stakeholders.
- Provides accurate forecasting of the sales pipeline for agency ownership.
- Responsible for conducting weekly business development meetings with key agency management personnel to report on status of prospects and progress made.
- Identifies needs for marketing materials and oversees the development of necessary collateral to support business development, creating key messaging that resonates with target audiences.
- Responsible for identification, implementation, and maintenance of CRM for agency usage.
- Manages availability of resources to support business development team needs without impacting client deliverables.
- Stays current on industry trends and personnel moves among prospect organizations.
- Coordinates development of client proposals and RFP responses, pitches and presentations.
- Prepares or assists in preparing and negotiating service agreements, and schedules.
- Develops strategies and actively manages agency’s business development efforts.
- Builds and maintains relationships with key prospects and senior personnel in client organizations.
- Once client agreements have been signed, clearly briefs team responsible for execution of work on objectives, requirements, and budgets.
- Helps to define and maintain corporate image in the business community.Presents and promotes the agency at industry functions.
Experience & Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent education in business or marketing
- 4+ years agency experience
- Previous experience as a member of a new business team with a solid track record of landing new business
- An effective and proactive networker, bringing a strong stable of existing connections to the agency
- Excellent communication and presentation skills